I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Pecan Pie Cookies

3 cups chopped pecans
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
1./4 cup cane syrup
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
5 packages frozen mini-phyllo pastry shells

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan about 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Stir together sugar and syrup. Stir in remaining ingredients except pastry shells. Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoonful of the pecan mixture into each pastry shell, and place in mini-muffin pans sprayed with non-stick spray. Be careful not to overfill each shell to prevent leaking over which causes shells to stick to pan.   Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days. Can be placed in mini-muffin papers after baking. If baked in muffin papers, the filling tends to leak out and cause the cookies to stick to the paper. Makes about 6 dozen. 

Rosalie gave me this recipe, and we tried it for Cookie Day for the first time this year. These crunchy bites are the best, and much lower in calories than those made with a cookie or pastry crust.




No comments:

Post a Comment