I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Monday, January 18, 2016

Crepes

Basic Crepes:

3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup unsifted flour
1/8 tsp. salt

Place all ingredients in blender.  Cover and blend until well mixed and smooth.  Stop blender occasionally and scrape sides of container with rubber spatula.  Let batter rest for two hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate overnight before using.  Cook crepes in a crepe pan like pancakes or follow instructions for your crepe maker.  Slip first crepe onto plate and continue making and stacking crepes until all batter is gone.  Makes 18 crepes (7 1/2 inch each).  Can be stored in refrigerator up to 3 days (put wax paper between each crepe) or frozen up to three months.

Sweet Crepes:

Use recipe for Basic Crepes
 
 Add:

3 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cognac or brandy or other liqueur (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla

Prepare same as basic crepes. above

No comments:

Post a Comment