I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Monday, January 18, 2016

Thomas Jefferson's Crepes

Make Basic crepes (or use store bought crepes)

Filling:

3 Tbsp. butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped scallions
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tsp. Salt
Dash pepper

Melt butter in skillet.  Add onion, scallions, mushrooms, and garlic.  Cook until tender.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Heat through.  Spoon a heaping 1/4 cup chicken filling along center of each crepe and roll up.  Set aside in 9 x 13 baking dish

Sauce:

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup flour
2 cups Half 'n Half or light cream
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp. Orange marmalade
1/2 tsp. Salt
Dash pepper

Melt butter in pan.  Add mushrooms and cook until tender.  Blend in flour.  Stir in Half 'n Half and white wine; cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Add orange marmalade, salt, and pepper..  Pour sauce over crepes and bake at 350 degrees until piping hot,  10 to 15 minutes.  Makes 16 crepes, 8 servings.

This great crepe recipe came from Ruth Cox.  They remind me of the many, many lunches we have shared on Thursdays with the "Legal Biddies" and the many times at least one of us ordered "Crepes Poulet," a favorite choice. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment