I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Monday, January 18, 2016

Shrimp Crepes

Make Basic Crepes

Filling:

3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
2/3 cup light cream or Half 'n Half, warm
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. red paprika
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 cup dry sherry or white wine
2 cup sliced mushrooms (or 1 can cream of mushroom soup or both)
6 oz. frozen or canned shrimp
2 egg yolks
8 oz. sour cream

Melt butter in a large saucepan.  Blend in flour.  Cook, stirring over low heat 1 minute.  Remove from heat and add cream.  Stir vigorously until smooth.  Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sauce comes to a boil and thickens.  Add salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, onions, sherry, mushrooms, and shrimp.  Blend well.  Remove from heat.  In a mixing bowl beat egg yolks.  Add a little of the hot sauce to egg yolks.  Mix.  Pour egg mixture into rest of the sauce in pan and add cream of mushroom soup.  Then cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.  Stir in sour cream.  Place a portion of this mixture in the center of each crepe.  Roll up crepes.  Place crepes in buttered oven-to-table baking dish.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Bake 10 to 15 minutes.  Serve at once.  Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment