I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Monday, January 18, 2016

Cheese Blintzes (Polish Nalesniki)

Make Basic Crepes

Filling:

2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (12 oz.) carton dry-curd cottage cheese or small curd cottage cheese, drained
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. grated lemon rind or 1 tsp. vanilla

Combine cream cheese and cottage cheese.  Beat until smooth.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Chill 15 to 20 minutes.

3 Tbsp. Butter
Sour cream
Strawberry preserves
Fresh strawberries (optional)

Spoon about 3 tablespoons cheese filling in the center of each crepe.  Fold right and left sides over filling, then fold bottom and top over filling to form a square or flat roll.  Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Place half of blintzes in skillet, seam side down.  Cook over medium heat until lightly browned, turning once; remove from skillet and keep warm.  Melt remaining butter in skillet; repeated procedure with remaining blintzes.  Serve with sour cream and strawberry preserves.  Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.  12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment