I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Brownies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped nuts
 
Grease 13 x 9 inch cake pan.  Microwave butter in large bowl until melted.  Stir in sugar and vanilla.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition.  Add cocoa; beat well.  Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat well.  Stir in nuts.  Pour batter into prepared pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.  Cool.  Cut into bars

No comments:

Post a Comment