I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Saturday, January 16, 2016

Chicken or Turkey Scallopini

1 lb. chicken or turkey cutlets
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1/2 lb. mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 Tbsp. water
Chopped parsley

Flatten cutlets with meat hammer until very thin.  Combine flour, salt, and pepper and coat cutlets, shaking off excess.  Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in large skillet over medium heat.  Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.  Remove from pan.  Melt remaining butter in skillet over medium high heat, and brown meat  on both sides a few pieces at a time, allowing 1 to 2 minutes per side.  Remove from pan. Slowly add sherry and water to skillet, scraping up browned bits and stirring until liquid is slightly thickened and smooth. Return turkey and mushrooms to pan and simmer until just heated through. Arrange on a serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley.  Serves 4.

Serve with parsley potatoes and steamed vegetables.  Delicious!!  This is one of the first recipes Eric found on his own and tried while he was still living at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment