I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Saturday, January 2, 2016

Chicken Piccata

4 chicken cutlets (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
2 Tbsp. capers

If you only have chicken breasts or chicken tenders, slice thinly into cutlets and/or flatten with meat mallet or the side of a large knife.  You want thin slices of chicken about 3" x 4".  Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour and shake off excess.

Preheat a large skillet on medium high 1 to 2 minutes.  Place oil and 1 tablespoon butter in the pan and let the butter melt.  Then add one layer of chicken and saute 2 to 3 miutes on each side or until well-browned.

Reduce heat to medium law, add stock, lemon juice, and capers.  Cook 2 to 3 minutes until sauce haws thickened and chicken is done.   Remove chicken.  Whisk in remaining butter.  Serve chicken and sauce with pasta or mashed potatoes.

Serves 4.  Calories 340 per serving of chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment