I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chocolate Sin Cake

1 box devils food cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
2/3  cup Crisco
1 (12 oz.) bag chocolate chips

Mix all together, folding chocolate chips in last.  Bake in greased and floured tube cake pan at 350 degrees approximately 1 1/4 hours.  

This is our friend Jon Berglund's recipe for a dense, dark, delicious chocolate cake.  It slices better after a sitting a day.  It made a great groom's cake for Joel and Shannon's wedding with white and dark chocolate-dipped strawberries on top and around the cake.  For Adam's groom's cake when he and Beth were married, it was chocolate glaze (which got too hard too fast) and flowers around the sides of the cake.  Adam wanted coconut on top, but it wouldn't stick to the hard glaze.  Everyone liked it anyway and peeled the glaze off in chunks to eat like candy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment