I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Rolls

Sliced Bread (white or a soft whole wheat)
Cream cheese
Butter
Sugar (both regular and powdered)
Cinnamon

Flatten the desired number of bread slices (one for each roll). Cut off the crusts. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on one side of each slice. Roll them up. Melt butter in a bowl. Dip each roll in the butter until covered, but not soaked. Combine sugars and cinnamon and cover each roll completely.  Bake about 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Yummy!

Fellow gardener Tracy Johnson brought these to a work day at Fort Braden Community Garden.  Boy were they good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment