I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Friday, January 1, 2016

Mary's Crunch Slaw

1 lb. package cabbage slaw
1 lb. package broccoli slaw
8 green onions, chopped
½ cup oil
4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. Accent
2 tsp. salt
6 tsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. pepper
2 packages Ramen noodles, crunched (discard seasoning)
6 oz. package sunflower seeds
1 pkg. slivered almonds

Mix vegetables together and chill. Mix seasonings together with oil and vinegar. Toast noodles, almonds and sunflowers on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Stir dressing and nut mixture into slaw right before serving.

This is my adaptation of a recipe made frequently by my friend Mary Macko. She often brings it as a covered dish and it is always all gone before the meal is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment