I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Pear Crepes

4 ripe pears, unpeeled
1 serving butter-flavored cooking spray
1 Tbsp. unpacked brown sugar
2 ½ tsp. lemon zest
2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
2 tsp. reduced-calorie margarine
4 medium crepes (store-bought are fine)

Quarter pears lengthwise and remove cores. Slice each pear wedge horizontally into 1/4 inch thick slices. Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over low heat; add pears and saute until very tender, about 5 minutes. Add sugar, lemon zest, and almonds; saute 2 minutes, remove from pan and set aside. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Over medium heat, melt ½ tsp. of margarine in skillet and add 1 crepe. Cook until crepe is lightly browned around edges, about 30 seconds. Remove crepe to a serving plate and spoon 1/4 of pear mixture down the width of crepe; roll up and repeat with remaining ingredients. Yields 4 servings, 1 crepe per serving, 4 W.W. points per serving.

When serving as dessert, you can never go wrong adding some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment