I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Thursday, January 14, 2016

Poached Salmon

Salmon fillets
2 quarts water
1 rib celery
1/2 onion, chopped
1 carrot, sliced
2 sprigs parsley
1 bay leaf
Salt & pepper
1 cup dry white wine (optional)

Place all ingredients except fish in pot.  Boil until reduced to 1 quart.  Pour through strainer to remove solids.  Place broth in fish poacher or stainless steel skillet large enough to hold fish.  Heat to simmering.  Lay fish in broth and simmer just below bubbling for 10 to 15 minutes until fish is just barely done and flakes at its thickest point. If broth doesn't cover fish, scoop it over the fish frequently as it simmers.
 
Poached Salmon is delicious served warm or cold, with a dipping sauce, as well as being great to use in salads, casseroles, and sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment