I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Sunday, January 3, 2016

Roasted Broccoli or Cauliflower

1 head broccoli or cauliflower
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. pine nuts
5 large fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
Juice from ½ lemon
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Cut broccoli or cauliflower into 1 ½ to 2 inch "trees." Slice garlic thinly. Place on cookie sheet or roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Toss together and roast in preheated 450 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown and carmelized. Toast pine nuts, shred basil leaves. Remove roasted vegetables from oven and toss with pine nuts, basil and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and adjust salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment