I had been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from both my original cookbook which many of you have, and additional accumulated recipes that never got published. This isn’t the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. These recipes are comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






October 5, 2026

Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ cup salted butter, softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or extract
1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup cinnamon chips

Preheat: Preheat oven to 350°F and line sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl, add the softened butter and sugars and beat with a mixer or whisk for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture looks fluffy and creamy and is no longer gritty. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another 1-2 minutes. The mixture will look fluffy, smooth, and glossy.

Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda and mix just until combined. Mix in the chocolate and cinnamon chips briefly (don't overmix the dough!)

Use a small cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on your oven, so bake the cookies until they are golden brown on the edges but still soft in the middle (they'll continue to cook as they cool on the pan).  Makes about three dozen cookies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment