I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Sunday, January 3, 2016

Cheesy Potato Casserole

6 medium potatoes
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mild cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
2 Tbsp. butter
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
Butter
Paprika

Cook potatoes in boiling salted water about 30 minutes or until just tender. Chill. Peel and grate potatoes. Combine cheese, milk, and 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until butter and cheese melt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, onion, salt, and pepper. Fold cheese mixture into potatoes. Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole; dot with butter, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Yields 6 servings.

This recipe was given to me by Val Valentine, who has been doing renovations and maintaining our office for many years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment