I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Sunday, January 10, 2016

Chocolate Fondue

1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate squares or chips
Half 'n Half cream

Melt chocolate in fondue pot.  Add Half 'n Half until proper consistency is reached.  Serve with strawberries, bananas, and pound cake cubes for dipping. 

Fondue was all the rage in the 70s.  It's still a lot of fun.  When the boys were small they loved French toast fondue--bread cubes dipped in egg, fried in oil in a fondue pot, then dipped in syrup or sugar before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment