I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Sunday, January 10, 2016

Spinach Dip

1 pint (2 cups) mayonnaise
2 (10 oz.) boxes frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste.
Unsliced loaf of bakery bread

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate 24 hours.  Serve in a hollowed out loaf of rye, pumpernickel, or zebra bread on a platter surrounded by cubes of the bread removed from the loaf.

A good recipe from sometimes Legal Biddy” Jean Hendry.  Jean always orders a loaf of bread from the bakery for this dip.  Its so good, we've even torn the loaf apart when the dip was mostly gone and devoured it too. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment