I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Sunday, January 24, 2016

Chocolate Fudge

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 (12-oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (7-oz.) jar marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, butter, and milk in heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.  Remove from heat; stir in chocolate pieces until melted.  Add marshmallow creme, nuts, and vanilla; beat until well blended.  Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch pan.  Cool to room temperature; cut into squares.  Makes approximately 3 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment