I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Crispy Onion Rings

1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. Creole seasoning
2 large egg whites
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
2 large sweet onions, sliced 1/2" thick and separated into rings

Heat oven to 450 degrees.  Coat 2 rimmed cookie sheets with cooking spray.  Whisk together flour and 1 tsp. of the seasoning in a small bowl.  Lightly beat egg whites in another small bowl.  In a third small bowl, combine panko and remaining 1 tsp. seasoning.  Dredge onion rings in flour mixture, gently shaking off excess.  Dip in egg whites, letting excess drip off.  Dredge in panko mixture to coat and place on prepared pans.  Coat onion rings lightly with cooking spray.  Bake 6 minutes.  Turn onion rings and bake until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes longer.  Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment