I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Easy Lemon Squares

Crust:

1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. butter
1 cup flour

Topping:

3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. grated lemon rind
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To prepare the crust, beat 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy. Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with knife. Gradually add flour to sugar mixture, beating at low speed until it resembles fine crumbs. Gently press mixture into bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. 

To prepare topping, beat eggs at medium speed until foamy. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar and next 5 ingredients (through salt), and beat until well-blended. Pour mixture over partially baked crust and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until set. Cool on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar evenly over top. 16 lemon bars, 118 calories each, 3.2 g. fat, .3 g fiber. 3 W.W. points each.

No comments:

Post a Comment