I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Saturday, January 16, 2016

Fresh Pasta

1 1/2 cups bread flour
1 cup semolina flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. water or more as needed
Place flour and salt in large bowl and form a well in center.  Mix remaining ingredients and add to flour.  Mix with a fork and then with fingers to form a dough ball.  Place dough on counter and knead 5 to 8 minutes.  Cover with bowl and let rest half an hour.  Knead again briefly and put through pasta machine.  Separate after cutting and dry on a towel or drying rack about half an hour before cooking or freezing.
 
Carolyn and I both developed pasta madness.  I went through a spell of making my own pasta from scratch, but it didn't last long.  Carolyn's pasta phase, however, was enduring, and we have enjoyed many, many delicious pasta meals at the Caves.  Paul likes to do sauces, so we are always presented with something new and good when we visit.  This is Carolyn's recipe for making pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment