I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Monday, January 4, 2016

Lemon Pasta with Seafood

3/4 cup pine nuts
1 box (16 oz.) thin spaghetti
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound calamari, sliced, or bay scallops or peeled shrimp
(or a combination)
1 tsp. salt, divided
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
2 tsp. lemon zest, divided

Toast pine nuts in skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, reserving some of the cooking water. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large skillet; saute garlic 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle seafood with ½ tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper and add to skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes until seafood is just opaque. Do not overcook. Stir in lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper. Remove from heat, add a little of the pasta cooking water, stir in half of parsley and half of lemon zest. Add seafood to hot spaghetti. Toss. Serve garnished with remaining parsley and lemon zest. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment