I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Friday, January 15, 2016

Pork Fried Rice

1/4 lb. lean pork
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 slice ginger root
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cups cooked rice
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp. salt
3 green onions, chopped

Combine first five ingredients and let stand 10 minutes.  Heat 1 Tbsp. oil and brown ginger root.  Remove ginger and add meat mixture to pan.  Fry until caramelized.  Heat remaining oil in another pan.  Stir fry onions, then rice, eggs, then pork.  Salt to taste.  Garnish with green onions.

 This is another of Carolyn's good recipes.  With eggrolls it makes a complete meal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment