I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Thursday, January 14, 2016

Salmon Tetrazzini

1 (16 oz.) can salmon or 2 cups poached or grilled salmon
2 Tbsp. each butter and flour
Salt and pepper
Dash nutmeg
1 Tbsp. sherry
2 cups cooked spaghetti
1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
2 Tbsp. each Parmesan cheese and dry bread crumbs
Chopped fresh parsley

Drain salmon, reserving liquid.  Add water or milk to make 1 cup liquid.  Remove skin and break salmon into large pieces.  Melt butter and blend in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.  Add salmon liquid gradually and cook until thickened and smooth, stirring constantly.  Add sherry.  Mix half the sauce with spaghetti and mushrooms.  Place in well-greased 2 quart casserole.  Mix remaining sauce with salmon.  Place in center of spaghetti.  Cove4 with foil and bake at 350 degrees 25 to 30 minutes.  Combine cheese and crumbs.  Sprinkle over top of salmon mixture and bake uncovered for five minutes to brown.  Sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Two cups of pasta isn’t very much.  If you want to use more, just double the butter and flour and use two cups of liquid rather than one.  Season accordingly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment