I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Saturday, January 2, 2016

Vegetable and Shrimp Chowder

2 cups onions, diced
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
1 cup diced celery
2 Tbsp. margarine or butter
2 cups peeled and diced baking potatoes
1 (10 oz.) package frozen corn
4 cups chicken broth
5 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onions, carrots and celery in butter for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, corn and chicken broth and heat to a boil. Add ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. During the last hour of cooking, add shrimp, mustard and parsley. Or on stove top, continue cooking until vegetables are tender. Add shrimp, mustard and parsley, and cook until shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes. Makes 12 servings of 1 ½ cups each, 3 W.W. points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment