I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Sunday, January 17, 2016

Whole Wheat Pancake Mix

12 cups flour [6 cups white, 4 whole wheat, 2 oat bran]
1/2 cup baking powder
1/4 cup soda
1 (12 oz.) can buttermilk powder
2 cups sugar
2 Tbsp. salt

Mix all ingredients together and store in air tight container.  Freezing will keep it fresh longer.  To make pancakes, combine the following and cook on hot griddle.

3 cups pancake mix
2 eggs, beaten
6 Tbsp. melted butter, bacon grease or oil
2 cups or more water, for desired consistency

A variation of Lacy Bullard's recipe. We first enjoyed these pancakes when we spent the weekend on the Aucilla River at Mandalay, a big old hunting lodge which Lacy and her husband, Jim, owned with three other couples.  Donald often cooked these pancakes for breakfast for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment