I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Monday, December 28, 2020

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey Cinnamon Glaze

4 white or other sweet potatoes, cleaned and cubed (peeled if desired)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Kosher salt to taste
Black pepper to taste

Line baking sheet with parchment paper, foil or a silpat mat.  Mix all ingredients except potatoes.  Toss potato cubes with the honey mixture.  Add to prepared baking sheet and spread evenly.  Roast at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once or twice so that roast evenly and don't burn.  

White sweet potatoes are a little firmer and dryer than the traditional orange ones and this is a great recipe for them.  They will not taste like pumpkin pie despite the seasoning, but will have a very pleasant spicy taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment