I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Smoothies

Carrot — tastes like carrot cake. 1 grated carrot, 1/2 to 1 whole banana, 6 walnut or pecan  halves, 1 date, 1 tsp cinnamon, unsweetened vanilla almond milk to line on NutriBullet.

Chocolate Cherry  1 banana, fresh or frozen, 1/2 to 1 cup frozen sweet cherries and/or any other frozen fruit you wish, 1 container Oikos Triple Zero yogurt, any flavor, but cherry is best, 1 tsp. cocoa. 1 heaping tsp. powdered peanut butter, 1 tsp. instant coffee crystals (decaf or regular), 1 tsp. Psyllium powder, 1 scoop collagen peptides (about 1 heaping Tbsp.), unsweetened vanilla or chocolate almond milk to fill NutriBullet (1 to 1 1/2 cups)  4 WW point  

Or to make up a powdered mix of the dry ingredients – four parts collagen peptides. and one part of each of the other dry ingredients. Use 2 scoops or 2 heaping Tbsp. per 16 oz. smoothie. 

Peach Almond 1 cup frozen peaches, 1 container Oikos Triple Zero yogurt, peach or vanilla,  6 almonds, 1 tsp. Almond flavoring, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1 scoop collagen peptides, 1  tsp. Psyllium powder, unsweetened vanilla almond milk to fill NutriBullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment