I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Thursday, May 26, 2022

Kale and Egg Fritters (or pretty much any vegetable)

Take as much kale as your garden has to offer and remove the stems. Chop and massage the kale leaves until tender.   A good kale to egg ratio is one egg for every three or four stalks of kale. Whisk your eggs until adequately scrambled and combine with the kale in a bowl. Mix together adding salt and pepper to taste. Start heating about a quarter inch of vegetable oil or a drizzle of olive oil or thin layer of butter in a pan over medium heat.  Take a palm sized handful of the egg and vegetable mixture and flatten into a disc, squeezing out excess moisture.  Put it in the pan and let it sizzle.  Flip after about three minutes and allow it to cook for three minutes on the other side. The edges should be brown and crispy. Fry up an egg or some bacon to top it off  and enjoy! Experiment with other veggies as well. Potatoes, shredded beets or carrots, or crushed garlic all make great additions.


This is a pretty simple recipe, and one that's ready for interpretation. It also makes a delicious and filling breakfast or lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment