I have been adding recipes for a while to a new cookbook so I could find them when I wanted to cook them. In the electronic age, a digital version seems to make more sense, since I can add, amend, advise, adjust, delete, and reconsider as often as I want to and you can access them if and when you please. I've included the recipes from my original cookbook which many of you have. I'm also going to be adding pictures as I retest many of these recipes. They aren't the latest thing or nouvelle cuisine. They're comfort food, good memories, treasured family recipes, and occasional treats as well as many healthier recipes I've grown to like in recent years. I encourage you to add comments, pictures, and favorite recipes to make this a real family cooking spot. It's the next best thing to sharing a meal.






Saturday, March 16, 2024

Herb salt

 Chop 1/2 cup basil or other herb.  Place in blender and pulse a couple of times.  Add 2 cups Diamond Crystal kosher salt and blend until well combined.  Preheat oven to 170 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mat.  Spread herb salt evenly on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.  Cool and break up any clumps.  

In the alternative, spread the herbs and salt after blending on parchment paper placed on a sheet pan. Leave it uncovered on the counter for 2 to 3 days until completely dry.  Store as mentioned above.

Store in tightly sealed container and enjoy on roasted vegetables, potatoes, deviled eggs, salads, fresh tomato slices, or any other food.  Great as a gift.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment